Sunday, December 14, 2008

Continuing the boyfriend saga....

I'm sorry, I thought that one of the reasons living in Indo could be so culturally different, especially as a woman, was that arranged marriages existed here - that in America (as I assumed it was widely known, especially with international terminology such as "free sex"), everyone has the right to choose their partners. Well, apparently I was wrong. Check out my goofball Father's advice on my "boyfriend situation" (and no, this is not the first time I've heard this silliness...):

"I also have an answer for your “boyfriend” issue. Tell them all (and I like this for many reasons) that your father sets the rules and has say in all this. Tell them that I forbid you to marry so young (make up an age) and that I must participate in the choice of boyfriend. This is our custom and my dictates (and true, too). You can embellish as you see fit. "


Yup, thanks Dad.
:)

No comments: